Maria C. Bruce is a former Medical Doctor from Argentina, who obtained a Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology from NYU, and became a licensed Psychotherapist, Coach & Consultant with a private practice in New York City. Maria specializes in high performing individuals and teams in sports, entertainment, tech, finance, beauty, and fashion industries. Maria is also an entrepreneur, advisor of the Mind & Body eLab of NCN esports, sports psychology consultant, and an emotional health expert contributor of popular publications, including Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Brides, Vogue, Vice.
Maria works with high achieving young adults and adults, who want to work on conquering their goals. Maria’s areas of expertise include optimal performance, stress management, goal setting and achievement, satisfaction and high productivity in the workplace, self-esteem, emotional well-being, relationship issues, avoiding burnout, and coping with major life changing events.
Maria also works as a coach and consultant to help individuals, teams, and companies to optimize performance, manage stress, problem-solve, boost productivity, improve communication skills, and enhance relationship interactions.
As a Doctor, Maria began her specialization in Sports Medicine with Argentine athletes in Buenos Aires, and also with Italian Olympic athletes, at the Comitato Olympico Nazionale Italiano (CONI), in Rome.
Maria’s area of interest evolved to Mental Health and Wellness, focusing her training and practice in positive cognitive-behavioral therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, and biofeedback.
Before she pursued her career in applied psychology, Maria worked as label manager for Universal Music International, and then as an artist manager. Her background working with olympic and professional athletes, and also being involved with the music, fashion, beauty, technology and financial industries, has provided her with a unique perspective and understanding of the challenges and struggles faced by high achieving and multitasking individuals.
Maria is also the founder of Thanks, you made my day, a thriving online community of more than 35000 followers, that fosters positivity and wellness, and Optimalist, a data-driven app that helps improve mental wellbeing.
- M.A. in Applied Psychology ( Mental Health and Wellness ), New York University, New York, USA
- Medical Degree, Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Certificate of Achievement in Biofeedback, Biofeedback Resources International Corporation, New York, USA
- Certificate of Training, Gestalt Institute of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
INTERNSHIPS & residencies
- Clinical Psychology – Institute of Family Health (New York, USA)
- Biofeedback – Dr. Leah Lagos (New York, USA)
- Sports Medicine – Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano (Rome, Italy)
- Medicine – Hospital Italiano (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Medicine – Hospital Fernandez (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Professional Society Memberships
- Association For Applied Sport Psychology
Honors & AWARDS
- Worldwide Leader in Health Care & Top Behavioral Therapist and Mental Health Counselor in New York, NY – The International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Samsung Innova IoT Award– Nomination
- Latinas in Tech – Finalist
Additional work experience
- Founder & CEO of Optimalist pro and Optimalist app
- Founder of Thanks You Made My Day
- Ex Co-Founder and CEO of Mind 2.0
- Label Manager – Universal Music Group
- Board Member – Flying Manes Therapeutic Riding www.flyingmanes.org